favorites + tunes for your weekend
top image is mine.
bottom images (click link to view full photos): 1. ‘ello, 2. Untitled, 3. wood pile, 4. kitchen, 5. a walk in yoyogi-uehara, 6. Untitled
i think i have green on the brain this week!
before the long holiday weekend, i thought i’d share some music with you. i don’t know about you, but there are songs that remind me of certain times of the year. may carries the promise of warmer weather and summer ahead, so not surprisingly, lots of the music i listen to during this time is pretty upbeat. it’s the sort of stuff i like to listen to outdoors, in the lengthening evenings, sitting with friends. or while driving with my windows rolled down. so this month, i put together songs that are not new to me, but they remind me of this time of year. and i’ve also added in a few new tunes that are sure to become standbys.
listen to the may mix HERE.
– the beast and dragon, adored (spoon)
– optimist vs. the silent alarm (casiotone for the painfully alone)
– julie, remix (jens lekman)
– honey in the sun (camera obscura) (i think their new album is phenomenal)
– blake’s view (m. ward)
– to the dogs or whoever (josh ritter) (and one year ago, i was HERE. best night ever.)
– the strangers (st. vincent)
– shame (the avett brothers)
– this place has got no soul, kid (voxtrot)
– another sunny day (belle & sebastian)
– jolly banker (wilco, covering woody guthrie)
– pale green things (the mountain goats)
i am supposed to get my first roll of 35mm film back later today, so perhaps i’ll share some of those shots on flickr later. otherwise – i hope you have a great weekend, full of good music, good food, and good people. see you next week!